Thursday 14 July 2011

Cavities....

I didn't realise dentists give you cavities as well as fill them :)

I have had a couple of holes drilled into my teeth to hold my new plate, odd sensation having a drill working without anisthetic!

There was also some more imprints taken using much stronger rubber based compounds that were a nightmare pull out.

Annoyingly I got a telling off for not brushing teeth well enough...twice a day and after sticky meals....grrr what more can do?

Next week, I think I get my implant crownso that'll be an interesting day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious about this new plate you're getting. if the dentist is drilling holes in your own teeth to hold the plate how do you get it out to clean it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume its going to be removable for cleaning and the holes are for some kind of clip system.

    From the mold he showed me, it looks like its going to clip in at the hole drilled (quite surprisingly) at the back of my left side, and a wire frame will go round the back of my teeth all the way round and clip in at the back of whats left of my right side and sit on the remains of my jaw.....

    I have several more fittings to go for though so not too sure, I suspect its going to be a triumph of dental architecture considering there really isn't much jaw bone left on my right side to sit anything in, so I'll probably get a few flying butress in there to keep it all in place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds a little clearer now.

    ReplyDelete