Monday 5 September 2011

Lotta metal

voila...the new teeth



Big chunka metal and artificial gum there. Also I should point out thos sharp looking points, are indeed sharp and I've pricked my lip/tongue a few times putting them in and taking them out.

tbh, I am finding the benefits hard to quantify, yes I can eat with it on my right side for the 1st time since my surgery, but nothing too hard, and after an hour or 2 it does start to feel a little uncomfortable. But I am trying to persevere and overcome that.

Eating with it in though is much more trouble than its worth, eating anything with it in means you need to go remove it and then brush your teeth....so probably best to just remove it before eating.

Anyway...will keep going with it for now. My mouth still feels all strange and odd with its new teeth in place.

The implant is a fantastic success as I can now eat any kind of crunchy food, something I was unable to do before, but like the implant, I often find I must brush/pick/floss immediatly after....We'll have to see if this is going to be a constant, or just a bedding in process.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is a strange looking contraption but if it helps.....It might just take some time to get used to it. Maybe longer than an ordinary denture. Just wear it for a little while at a time and eventually you should be able to wear for longer and longer till it becomes second nature....Now isn't that excellant advice from your Mum! :)

    ReplyDelete