Friday 3 December 2010

check up time.

Had my followup with Drs van Gemert...not much to say really, a poke around, a feel and a nosey with the mirrors. No signs of anything coming back which is good of course.

But I did take the chance to voice my other concerns..Will my mouth opening get any better? No not really. Hmm, my double whopper with cheese and bacon days may be over after all.

Is the feeling going to come back...maybe.

Is it gone?

That of course is the big question, and there's really no way to be 100% sure, its a thought that troubles me a lot at times, and is probably part of the reason for my insomia issues, which he gave me some tablets for.
To ease my worries though he's booked me in for an ultra sound to check a bit more. I feel better about that, knowing there's going to be a more indepth look around.

Also had an appointment with the dental hygenist, otherwise known as the apprentice sadist. Since the actual sadist was just supervising her new trainee who took to the task with gusto. Drills, spikes, scrapers, probes and strong flavoured mint polish. He was very thorough and by the end of it my gums were a nice crimson red from the bleeding..but I do have very clean teeth.

My intradental braun brush heads on my fancy toothbrush...don't work. So need to get some dental sticks to clean between my teeth...trust me to believe the marketing hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment