Thursday 12 August 2010

1st followup

Kinda pointless, and annoyingly they were running late. Bina had decided to come with me this time and we both ended up waiting ages to be seen.
Dietician had nothing new to say, weight is stable and strength meters still good.

Was then taken upstairs to see Dr Oie, waited over half and hour, before being asked to wait in a room with a very imposing endescope whirring away.

Fortunately Dr Oie just had a quick nosey in my mouth using some tongue depressors rather than the endescope and that was it. He did say this week would be the most painful around the irradiated areas, and I can believe that..since I wasn't even able to eat a plate of mince and tatties the other night due to the pain. But he expects it to get better by the end of the weekend. So at least there is an end to it.

I dropped my Oxcontin dose the last few days but I might up it again at least till the weekend to make me a bit more tolerable to other people as I am aware of constant bear with a sore head grumpiness.

Have to repeat the process next week, lets hope they are not as tardy then, or the bear might growl.

No comments:

Post a Comment