Thursday 19 August 2010

last regular checkup

Todays double appointments with the dietician and doc went ahead fairly straightforwardly. My weight and muscle strength are still perfectly stable and all is well.

Inside my mouth is clear of infection and now we just need to give it a week or 2 more to heal and all will be fine.
I still have to avoid hot spicy food and acidic drinks for a while and strong alcohol...which I can understand as a shot of strong vodka at a party last night was a bit similar to having alcohol poured on a wound.

Thats the end of the RT treatment...I do have a follow up next month just to make sure all is healed well, and maybe an appointment or 2 for neck massage to prevent edema. I could have had that today, but my neck is all still sore and tender since it was not fully healed before starting the RT so I am going to wait a bit.

An interesting thing though. I stopped taking the morphine, partly so I could have a drink at the afore mentioned party but also because I think its been long enough. Sure enough I managed well without it. Some pain for sure, but thats really to be expected, nothing like the mid RT pain that forced me on the morphine in the 1st place..But what was interesting is I had quite distinct withdrawal symptoms last night and all through the night, sweats, cramps, joint pain, psychedelic flashing, a fair old sample of the documented range, which, though mild by real opiate user standards, proved to me that it was time to come off while I still can. I think another week of Oxycontin use could have been a bad thing...Today I feel rough...tired and my joints still ache, still getting stomach cramps and upset tummy while feeling a bit twitchy, but I'm not going to take any more.
It may well be all in my head...but regardless its a problem that needs to be resolved.

I got a new box of Paracetamol to supplement my Ibuprofen and I'll use them for a week or so then ease up on them too....time to get the drugs out of my system, even the non addictive ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment