Monday 2 August 2010

Agony

Well so much for thinking that I had got through the worst of the side effects, this weekend my mouth has been agony, just absolute agony, feels like I have an infection in my jaw at the back, though its more likely to just be radiation induced swelling and soreness.

Aside from pain it has a big impact on my eating ability as my mouth is opening less and less each day. I have been doing my stretching exercise with my finger and thumb to push it open further, but man....oh it does hurt. But..I am still eating, soft foods at least, and after a short period of constipation, I took the meds with the required result a few hours later...so my insides are least are coping.

Also had a few times of waking up screaming in pain as my tongue was either bitten or dragged along my teeth in my sleep. The nasty sore on there is getting bigger after a brief period of healing and is very painful, reaching up to the top of my tongue now. I may have to consider doubling my morphine dose as per the doctors suggestion if this gets beyond tolorable.

Last week of RT this week, and I'll be heading off for todays dose a little later. In the meantime am keeping busy as best I can with the house move/organising rooms, doing what I can before tiredness kicks in.

I must admit I was pleased by how much I was able to do on the actual move day, loading and unloading all day keeping up with our friends, who were helping us move. But next day I was like a wet sack of sand....Mind you, I would have felt that way even before the cancer after shifting so much of our accumulated crap :D

No comments:

Post a Comment