Wednesday 18 August 2010

No more morphine

I prefer alcohol :D

Am going to try and stop the painkillers now, at least the strong ones. My mouth is still a little raw and feels it, but there's no more constant nagging pain and my tongue has healed up quite a bit. I did try to have one of my mum-in-laws delicious curry's yesterday but it was just too hot for me, and I had to go douse my mouth in lidocaine to ease the quite genuine pain it caused.

Which is sad as I am an avid curry eater and even though mum-in-law is Indian she can't make my curries hot enough for me. I guess I will have to re-build my tolorance to hot spicey food.

It'll be another week or so before I can say its all better but I want to drop the morphine now as it leaves me feeling a bit slow and easy confused plus I think my tolerance to it has built up making it less effective. I'll continue with paracetamol and Ibuprofen if needed but for the moment I am not taking any more Oxycontin.

Stamina levels are still quite low, but slowly improving I need to excercise a bit more, so will be renewing my interest in Golf in a week or 2.



Checkup tomorrow, will update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment