Sunday 29 August 2010

I've got this hole...

apologies to Jasper Carrot...

but I seem to have a hole in my upper right gum right at the back around about the partially erupted wisdom tooth...There are flaps of loose tissue surrounding it and I can, with a bit of effort stick my tongue right up there....I suspect...though could be wrong, that I have had an abscess up there, because a large amount of the pain I experienced on opening my mouth wide is actually at that point on the upper jaw at the back....if it popped or burst then it may well be the reason for this apparent hole.
Strangely its not painful at all when I shove my tongue in there...only when I open wide (a very relative term).....meh!!

Either way it seems to be slightly less painful up there now though still the source of most pain when I stretch my mouth open. I need to go see the Hygienist to get more fluoride gel, so will bring this up. I also want to see if there's anything that will help increase my gape as I am struggling a bit putting enough food in my mouth, which is affecting my enjoyment of food even if the process of chewing it is now easier.

Fitness levels are improving noticeably now, I can actually get up and down the stairs without needing a sit down afterwards. I'm probably only 50% fit, but its better than i have been the last couple of weeks/months. This has meant that I can now get more involved in things around the house and life type stuff..all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment