Monday 2 August 2010

RT31 4 to go

Well, karma is not on my side today... The Taxi didn't turn up, it seems they made an error checking it in, and when I tried to call to sort it out, they used a premium rate number which very quickly used up all my credits and left me scrambling to arrange a new taxi.

Fortunatly the verbeeten are used to such things, so long as you call to let them know you will be late they juggle things around.

Eventually the taxi firm sorted out another taxi firm to come collect me and I was taken there on the meter...wow. 54 euros each way, and he actually forgot to include the waiting time...so probably around 110euros normally. Fortunaly, though they did at 1st ask me to pay and claim back, they managed to arrange for the normal taxi firm to be billed for the amount.

Once I actually got there, I was straight in and RT31 was uneventful....4 left. Lets hope the side effects won't get much worse, but I am going to give some serious thought to doubling the morphine as my tongue is just agony still.
we'll see how I manage after food.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain but glad your move went ok inasmuch as a move can go! Bina should be congratulated as she must have had the most of it on her shoulders. Only 4 more sessions to go then the healing can really start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move was fairly easy, and I was pleased that I was able to contribute physcially to the lugging around much more than I expected. I did have to slip off a few times for a quick nap and rest but was able to help fully with the loading.

    Bina of course organsised everything brilliantly and coped well with the stress of it all.

    ReplyDelete