Tuesday 8 June 2010

And a bit less waiting.

Yesterday Dr Oie at Tilburg called Drs van Gemert in Breda about my cheek infection, and I was asked to pop into today to see Drs van Gemert.

So I did, went to the desk, explained I'd been asked to come in and after a bit of checking was asked to take a seat in the waiting room.

I turned to walk to the waiting room, to see ooohhhh approximately 30 people sat, waiting in that, god I'm bored, kind of waiting way.
uh oh...this could take a while thinks I, having been used to the waiting room system from the UK, but I had nothing much to do today so took my seat and waited.

2 mins later, Drs van Gemert's assistant calls my name and I'm in straight away.

I cannot tell you the looks I got....priceless.

Anyway..looks like its an infection at the top of the cheek tissue so he's given me some AB's to take for 8 days and also arranged my Dental Hygienist appointment for next week. I even got to meet the dentist, who wants me to work on opening my mouth a lot more so he can take moulds for the fluoride baths they want me to do to strengthen the teath. Drs van Gemert wanted to do it today but my mouth is too sore.

I should point out I like Drs van Gemert very much, he's a, lets do it now, I'll call him, kinda guy; none of this filling out forms. He "knows" this guy and sorts it there and then and I get sent off to the dept to find the chap ready and waiting. Oh and more waiting room stares as I walk straight in. Thats exactly the kind of guy I want cutting bits out of me.

I pointed out a slight worry I have with a swollen lymph node on my clavicle, which has grown markedly since the op, and in typical van Gemert fashion after a quick phone call, I was sent for an immediate ultrasound and biopsy to make sure all is well...lovely more needles!

I have a normal check-up appointment with Drs van Gemert on Friday, where he wants to explain more details on my cancer and treatment, and hopefully the results of today’s biopsy will be ready!


Pity I could not get the teeth moulds done but I have an appointment, or Drs van Gemert will just send me on Friday.

Oh and the cause of the teeth discolouration is due to the mouthwash, the regular clean and polishes I will be getting once treatment starts will get them all nice and white again…at least till they fall out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment