Monday 14 June 2010

Not healing fast enough

It may seem a minor thing but 2 months later I am still having post surgical pain, sore swelling and generally feeling tender.

And I'm sick of it...seriously I want to have my face back to its normal size and shape and not constantly feeling wrong throbbing and pulling in odd directions when I sit still.

I realise I will have some limitations...my mouth opening for example is not progressing past 2 fingers despite the recent infection being cleared up (though may be back as its tender again). but I want to shave without cringing into a standing foetal position as the blades drag over the numb then sore parts of my right cheek.

Healing takes 3-6 months apparently...and I assume the RT is going to interfere with that for a while.

sigh....fact is, pain even if its not that severe has a way of getting you down when its constant..I've been "self medicating" a lot recently, with booze, which is very effective but I can't really do that forever, a few weeks of feeling sore and sorry for myself are one thing, but I need to avoid dependancy on any kind of drug to deal with it...so I'll cut down. I can't drink much if any when the RT starts anyway, so going to have to find other ways to deal with this.

Its important to me personally that I don't let this drag me into a depression, I know how dangerous that can be. Going to make more effort to fill my time with positive things and maybe less evenings in front of the computer
(but no scrabble :D I lost my temper last time )

1 comment:

  1. doctor for me suggested strongly not to use a blade when shaving, use only an electric razor. Problem is if you cut yourself it will take long time to heal in the radiation zone.

    PMA.... a must

    ReplyDelete