Tuesday 29 June 2010

RT7 and here we go!

RT 7, again nothing much to report, though the machine did stop half way through....never considered that such cutting edge tech would be quite so tempremental. But they got it fired up again and zapped away.

1st side effects are confirmed though, I have a very distinct dryness on the right side, and the skin in the tumour site is starting to turn a little velvety as it begins to die off.

I also have a very very slight hint of a sore throat but so far not causing any issues.

Fatigue may also be hitting home. This morning aside from my face feeling quite stiff and sore, I really had a hard time getting up (not really an uncommon occurance but I'll mention it), cycling to the office for a quick meeting also felt more like climbing the north face of the Eiger, as was evident from my heavy panting when I got there.

I guess at this point things start to become interesting? I decided to have what may be my last proper wet razor shave to tidy things up...not sure how or if my skin will be affected but better start taking their advice to stop using any products on my skin.

From next week I have arranged with the insurance company who supply our medical cover to get taxies to the centre since it may start to be more of a chore if this fatigue keeps increasing.

My control meeting with Drs Oie was short, he did have a quick check inside to make sure I have no signs of candida or other type of infection which I have to be careful off now..Going to be extra vigilant with my salt water mouthwashes to prevent that.

And thats it...more updates tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment