Wednesday 30 June 2010

RT8

Same old same old.
Absolutely nothing different to report...in, zap, out.

Though the tech de jour was a surprise, turned out she was English, and after speaking to me for a minute or so in Dutch which I understood, I got caught up in a few words I didn't understand and had to ask her to speak English...She was surpised (Dutch name yada yada) but straight away I heard her London accent even though she kept slipping back into Dutch as she was talking to me, and laughing to her collegue how she was so out of practice with her English(in Dutch). She'd been here quite a while so English was clearly not something she spoke much these days. Interesting to hear why people come here..She came for a year, like me, then met someone and stayed..she's never regretted it 25 years later.

Anway, I was hoping to take a camera to the clinic but we can't find our little digital camera, and my phone is useless so no pics yet. I'll hopefully manage to get a pic of me strapped down sometime soon. (reading that back perhaps thats not such a good way to describe it)

Dry mouth is not quite as bad today but still evident, sore throat still very very minor, just a hint of what might be to come. Some pain around my scar though in one area, very tender indeed, as always not sure if thats a healing thing or the RT but will mention it in my controle if it's still a problem.

1 comment:

  1. you are so blessed to be able to have one siliva gland to help with moisture.

    Also you lucky not to have the chemo with it. That will help with the energy level.

    your doing great, keep it going

    ReplyDelete