Thursday 29 July 2010

I'm healing!!!


The skin on my neck is now all crusty and scabby..hmmm nice..but the important point is that it is actually crusty and scabby and not all wet and weeping which means it is in fact healing now that it is no longer getting a daily dose of rads.

Still hurts and tender to the touch but a marked improvement the last day or 2 so I'm quite sure the doc won't have any issues with me putting some moisturising creams on it when I see him tomorrow.

My tongue sore also appears to be improving, its still there, a big white/yellow glob under my tongue but its not throbbing and screaming at me constantly whch really is a relief as that was the most excruciating pain ever..

Most of the pain now seems to be centred around the tumour site, which is not unexpected since thats what they are aiming at. Friendly casualties appear to include the teeth and gum areas above and to the side, which are quite painful to the touch and restricting my gape considerably. Pretty sure I am going to lose the tooth above the site, it is wobbly and painful so probably infected despite all the oral care. Time to make an appointment with the annoying time wasting hygienist to check it out

Amazingly..I am still able to swallow, though actual mastication is a major chore and painful, if I can get it chewed up it goes down no problem. I suppose I just have to avoid the KFC for a couple more weeks.

Getting ready to go for todays zap and dietician appointment, but thought I'd comment on the neck which I am really pleased about.

3 comments: