Thursday 15 July 2010

Taste...who knew it was so important!

There are 2 issues with my sense of taste..probably mainly due to the nasty tasting saliva/candida.

1) everything tastes bland and dull.
2) anything remotely fatty, emulsifies immediatly in my mouth and tastes like raw cooking fat.


Today I had a jam doughnut and a sirloin steak, not at the same time obviously. Normally 2 of my favourite foods.

Both were a dull boring slimy chore to eat, but eat them I did simply becuase I was hungry.
I can smell ok still and they all smelled lovely, but the whole joy of eating, one of my favourite things to do btw...has gone as soon as I put the item in my mouth.

There's a 3rd issue as well, not directly related to taste, but I can't eat anything sharp or spicey..it stings the candida sores like nothing I've ever felt.

Can't wait for the Fluconazol to kick in. Maybe then I can try some spicey food to cut through the nasty.

Must try to look on the bright side...its only a few more weeks.

Oh still no Caphosol...hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment