Tuesday 13 July 2010

RT17..Candida strikes

RT 17 wasn't especially interesing...y'know the routine...go there, get zapped come out. But I did have a control visit with Dr Oie, who informed me the "burn" sores I have are candida outbreaks...oh...ok well thats fair enough and fortunately a quick fix. Got to get meds from the pharmacy tomorrow morning as they were out of stock...must be an outbreak ;)

The beard falling off at my chin rather than my jaw, is due to the angle of attack of the radiation beams..apparently it might cause my hair to fall off at the back as well, nice something else to look forward to. Dr Oie is sure its temporary.

No sign of Caphosol, though wasn't really expecting it today, maybe tomorrow.

Other than that...am in good shape still, swallowing is fine, talking is ok but a little slurred and sore, "burns" are bearable and hopefully quick to fix when I get the meds. Bat taste is due to thickening saliva and just need to keep drinking water to clear it. But my sense of taste is tainted for sure.

I even had a few drinks tonight at the end of academic year BBQ...wine tastes terrible..but cider was very refreshing, though it did sting a bit. I know I'm not supposed to drink but bahhhh..

No comments:

Post a Comment