Tuesday 20 July 2010

RT22 Time for the heavy stuff

Mad bus driver arrived 20 mins early as I was in the shower complaining he had another pick up to go to so this morning was a bit of a rush. But I made a point of finishing my shower. In the end we were actually late for my appointment since the other passengers, the nice lady from the middle of no where who was doing her last RT today, was not ready either when he showed up.


Anyway...Scouse tech was very concerned by my lack of speaking today and clear and obvious discomfort when having to talk to tell her details, so after therapy she arranged an immediate meeting with Dr Oie, who wanted to be sure there was no infection. there isn't, just burns/sores/mucosits that the Caphosol is working on but needs time to get rid of.

He gave me an script for a gel to numb the area and provide some pain relief, he also gave me a script for the dreaded morphine that I've been hoping to avoid. But no, I think this is needed now. Caphosol works well to take away the pain at rest but any form of talking and some eating is agony, so its time for the pain killers.

Also was mega tired today when I got back, after pottering about for a bit had to have a lie down for a few hours, of course I woke up as soon as my tongue scraped over my teeth....owww...not the nicest way to wake up.

Last of these wide beam treatments tomorrow now, thats a good point to be at, I've reached a milestone.
Morphine will help cope with the expected post RT side effects and also expected skin burns from the concentrated beams I get for 12 days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment