Friday 16 July 2010

RT20

Mad mini bus driver again, but usual and very uninteresting zap.

My skin is certainly getting to be more tender and irritated by the radiation, the sunburn effect is now quite pronounced and as soon as I am done with this I'm smearing on some cream.
Sad to report also the little tufty jazz bit of remaining beard under my lip is also dropping out...and I have decided the fat american/german look is not for me, so off with the moustache.

Mouth hurts like hell too, mainly under my tongue, the Candida is still present and causing issues, dunno if I am also experiencing mucositis as well but it is all very painful today. Hopefully the Caphosol will arrive today and help with calming the mouth down.

So end of week recap time.

Not a lot more to say really, sore mouth, irritated prickly reddening skin, shocking tasting saliva and ever decreasing sense of taste are the current main symptoms, fatigue is still variable, sometimes it hits and the rest of the time I am perfectly fine but need to pace myself on bike or walking. However well I feel I certainly have no stamina. Sore throat has pretty much gone for now, though I am still noticing a tightness when swallowing so need to avoid big mouthfuls, not that I can have big mouthfuls as the taste and texture of food really does put me off eating.

Weekend is here and 2 days of R&R to give my skin a break, then the last 3 days of the wide beam radiotherapy.
After which we have the start of post radiation therapy SE's to look forward to and document.

No comments:

Post a Comment